Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just checking in.

I just wanted to let my you know that I am OK.

It has been a while since I've written. I can only attribute that to being too busy and being too lazy, and while that may seem like a contradictory statement, I can assure you it can be so.

While I am not currently traveling, although I will be soon, I have embarked on a new adventure of a different sort. I am getting out there in another way, taking advantage of my single status and looking to meet someone I can share a "romantic" dinner and wine with. My picture in on eharmony.com. and while several million other people are seen there too, for me, it is a new adventure. I have no experience in the internet singles meeting singles arena, but, on a whim, I signed up.

So lest you wonder, I will tell you about my first meeting. It was absolutely wonderful. It was my first "date" in 40 years, if you don't count dinner out with a husband, and I'm not. All I was expecting was a pleasant distraction for an hour or two. I got much more. I met someone who was able to bring out long dormant feelings and lightly touch my soul. He has a way about him. I don't know where this new road will lead, but like my last big trip, it's the journey, the glory of the ride, not the destination that's important. Not a bad start on a new adventure.

And

Finally, the air is warming and the sun is shining and I can breathe easier. The cold spell has broken. The chilly weather made life a little difficult here in my home office, which, with it's high ceiling, is not suitable for cold. The heat rises where I can't get at it. Maybe I can blame it for not having written or painted much in the last few months. Cold makes me uptight.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi again. I still haven't thought of a new name for a new blog, now that I'm not 62 anymore. I will think about it . . . . . tomorrow.

Love ya,
Jan

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on the eharmony.com It is a new adventure. Hope you meet someone very nice. Now that you know what you don't want.

    It is cold up here today. Tom is building a fire. Yuck! We may even have snow flurries. That is Michigan! Tomorrow should be in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete