Thursday, April 23, 2009

Going, Going, ________

I'm thinking. My next post on this blog will be written from somewhere else.

I'm ready to go.

I have acquired a few more electronic gadgets to take along. Thanks to a friend, I have a battery charger that plugs into the car which should keep my camera, cell phone and computer operational. I have a light for my forehead. I even have a GPS, although I don't yet know how to use it, but it came with a 90 page instruction booklet. I plan to read up on quiet nights.

I have a AAA triptik, although I probably won't stick to the route.

My suitcases are just about packed, I have a tote full of paint supplies. I have paper and pens, mini recorder, tent, sleeping bag, pillow, cooler, books, a couple bottles of wine, and a bunch of other stuff I think I shall need down the road.

I think I have done all I can do to organize, prepare, maintain, and have things looked after. while I'm gone. I have everything under control. HA! (meaning, sarcastically, yeah, sure I do.)

But you know, this has been done before, although by younger studier sorts. Many people have wandered. They have even written about it. It is just that I have not, at least not alone. And none of the others that I have read about have been old enough to collect social security.

I will be taking with me a couple of eleventh hour unexpected emotions. Last minute glitches and things to catch my attention. I will file these for reference and give them thought, down the road. Too late now, to resolve anything that has not yet been resolved or even to enjoy sudden new interests. These days with cell phones, computers, and fax machines, travelers can pretty much take their business on the road with them, and never be more than a few hours by plane away from home.

Tonight, in my town, is the Biggest Beach Party Ever. There will be music, beer, wine, food, a fire, lots of barefoot people dancing in the sand, and fun, all just down the beach a few blocks. I will be there at sunset, partying with my friends and neighbors. Two mornings after, I'll drive away, looking for whatever I find.

I will head toward Austin, but it may take me a few days to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting. I'll be watching to see your progress and digressions.

    ReplyDelete