Friday, April 10, 2009

Not Enough Time and Not Enough Money

As I plan my escape it has become apparent to me that there isn't enough time to go around.

I haven't met anyone recently who has enough of it. They say, "I don't have time," or "Time got the best of me," or "If I can find the time." You would think that we all have as much as anyone ever had (even more), but that doesn't seem to be the case. Much like money to pay our mortgages, we just haven't enough! And to further confuse the issue, consider all the time saving devices that have become a part of our lives. We haven't saved enough time at all. We are running short. The government has been concentrating on saving and making money, but are neglecting an equally great need. We, as a country, need more time!

It's stressing us out!

What happened to it? Where has it gone? It's like all the money we (meaning, society as a whole) used to have, but now don't. Where did it go? Who has it? How do we get it back?

When it comes to my road trip, people say, "I wish I had the time to do that." It seems to me that they have just as much time as I do (or am I missing something here) and it's just a matter of choosing where to spend it. I am choosing to spend my precious time and money traveling while everyone else seems to be saving theirs for, or spending theirs on, something else.

It has always seemed to me that time and money are inversely related. We can make the time or make the money, but not both. If we choose to make the money, then we don't have the time to do the things we want to do. And If we choose to make the time, then we don't have the money. Either way, something is lacking and travel isn't happening.

But I will be traveling. I simply decided to do it. I will make time and I will find money. Or find time and make money! Either way, same thing. I am really confident that I can do both. You'll see.

So what will you all say then? You don't have the time! Hogwash! You don't have the money! Poppycock! You do and you can. But you have to decide to.

No comments:

Post a Comment