Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Twenty ten twice!

Two months into 2010.....already! TWO MONTHS GONE. Yikes! I have so many things I want to do this year. So here's an idea I have. When January 1, 2011 comes along, let's all pretend that it is 2010 (again) and make 2010 two years long. We could then maybe have time to actually get something done this year. I bet most people would go along. We have ten months to think about it.

Besides much of this year has been lost due to the weather, and that seems to be the case no matter where you live in continental USA. The cold has made us sluggish. It has confused us. We are off kilter. How can we ever be expected to accomplish anything while hunched and huddled trying to keep warm.

While traveling last summer, I had hoped to have chance encounters with cool people, but it really didn't happen in any significant memorable way. But yesterday right here in my own backyard (a figure of speech), a gal stopped into my gallery and we got to talking. While I was traveling last summer so was she, touring the USA by herself, camping and staying occasionally in hotels. We had been to many of the same places doing many of the same things, each of us by ourselves. Any new subject raised in our conversation came with smile and a seriously shared understanding. We were so much alike it was spooky and wonderful. I felt like I'd met a younger me. She is in her mid forties. She had been recently laid off from a long time job and took the opportunity to travel. I was recently divorced taking the same opportunity. I hope we can get together again and share wine and stories. (She mentioned that when she was on the road and in a new place and feeling lonely, she had to put herself out there to meet people. You know, walk up and say 'Hi." I gave her my number. I hope she calls and says "Hi.")

Often in life, we get what we ask for, but it happens a bit differently than we expected it to. I think its true that our thoughts become the things and events in our lives. Ask, believe and be patience. Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.

Which leads me to thinking about 2010 again. I better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment