Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Free Falling

I think my life has taken so many twists and turns throughout the last few years that I am getting dizzy. Occasionally I find myself climbing a mountain, and then coasting down only to find a raging river at the bottom and there is nothing I can do but fall in and keep my head above water. It's exhausting! But I have the option of seeing the adventure in it all and rising to the challenge or seeing it as a struggle and getting weary. Let's raise our glasses to the adventure!

These days, it's the Internet dating thing, but I am taking myself out of circulation after only a few months and letting myself free fall into someone's arms. Scarier than a solo trip into the big woods. The potential for personal disaster seems greater, yet...........I keep going.

Actually, I've met some cool guys, nice guys along the way. I have been pretty lucky. From the comments of others, I am thinking there are a lot of not so nice people out there. I feel protected somehow, from the game playing, weird, possessed, mean spirited, nothing like their online profile types that I hear others complain so much about. The ones who are fifty pounds heavier and twenty years older than their photo suggests. The ones who only want ONE THING. The ones who don't know at all what they want. (Well, I think I may have met one or two of those.)

Actually, ending a relationship, even a very short lived one is harder than starting one. Actually, it quickly makes starting harder, at least for me, it does.

And so it seems that my adventure movie has turned into a romantic chick flick. I can't go into details just yet, but I will try to keep you posted.

Love ya, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment