Friday, June 25, 2010

Right Now

At 6:30 AM I hit the road yesterday, driving north.

It takes me at least getting out of Florida and then some before my mind settles down. So the first half of yesterday was dealing with uncontrolled thoughts that changed every minute going from an irrelevant intrusion of memories to anticipation of the future and emotions that quickly go from doubt, to joy to fear, to love, to contemplative serious quiet. It amazes me how suddenly they change, in seconds. A song on the radio or nothing at all and a new mood is served up. a Whoop! a tear! a laugh!

By afternoon the thinking rush was over and I could relax and enjoy the trip. The traffic was very heavy and a rain storm slowed things a bit and my progress was not as I expected, but it really didn't matter. I was on the road over 11 hours (with stops for peaches and pecans) and was past ready to stop for the day at 6:00 PM. I had a surprisingly hard time finding a motel. There just didn't seem to be any during the last slow hour of my drive. I was no longer on the interstate. But here I am somewhere in north Georgia in a very nice Best Western.

Life is good today.

Coffee, a great shower, a soft king size many pillowed bed, AC, TV, WiFi, U! Cool!

I am really just trying to learn to enjoy Right Now, without interruption from yesterday or tomorrow. Right now is really fine.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment