Friday, September 25, 2009

10 days later

Ten days since my last post. Ten ordinary days. Now I don't mean that in a negative way. I probably should have said "ten good ordinary days." Ordinary meaning, nothing really exciting has occurred, no unexpected checks of consequence (or otherwise), no disasters, and no answers to my big questions. On the other hand, there was a couple of nice dinners with friends, some good long walks, wonderful saturating rains and more pink sunsets.

And I feel pretty good. I am hopeful. I am confident. Of what you may ask. I don't really know I respond.

But I get things done and I'm smiling. That's pretty good.

And tonight is Friday and that means getting together with the Friday friends as I have done for thirty years. It's good. Instead of a loving spouse I have loving friends. It's nice to have both, but having even one of those is darn lucky. (Does that sound sad? I don't mean it to.)

The perfect life..........and I am soooooo close...........would be...

A comfortable house with a kitchen and room for company. Company. Enough money to do the things that are important and a few that are not. Travel to other places a couple of times a year(some of which ought to be considered exotic!) and someone to start my heart beating again.

Piece of Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment