Thursday, September 3, 2009

???

I’ve made no decisions yet, about my living arrangements. I've thought about it, a lot. But no inspiration, no sign, no nothing. I’ve looked around for someplace else to inhabit that is at least as nice, but haven’t found the place yet. (Although most other living spaces have, at least, a real kitchen and that’s tempting.) But, I do not want to move to a place I don’t like just to move away….. and cook! The whole point is to be better off, more relaxed, happier......well, and that other thing that really is the main reason anyway.

I realize that making no decision is, in effect, making a decision to stay. So be it.

I do enjoy company, especially those chance encounters with cool people. That’s why I liked running a B and B. Here, at my Wabi Sabi Studio and Gallery, I still get to enjoy that best part, people. They stop in from time to time. Why just the day before yesterday, a gal about my age stopped in and we got to talking. She retired last year, has a husband who doesn’t want to do anything but sit at home and what she really wants to do is………"take a long road trip, pack the car and head out,” she says. Now there is a subject I know something about!

She left feeling better than she did when she came in and so did I.

Here is something I think. Two people need more than twice the space as one. Two costs more than twice one. I think that is because everyone needs a place to get away and be comfortable by themselves. From time to time. A small place is fine for one, but even a little bigger isn’t fine for two. We all need our own space.

I’m looking for my next adventure. Moving is only part of the picture. I have started with Wayne and Nancy, on the history book for Indian Rocks. It will be published by Arcadia Press, assuming we meet the deadline in February. I like undertaking this new project. It’s something!!! I’ll be busy.

But that’s not enough for the long haul. I would still like to find my Tidewater Cottage to live in for the next ten years and meet Charlie (ficticious name!), and get comfortable and excited. Feel young, connected and sexy! (Well....I would!) And travel some more!

Doesn’t seem like too much to ask, does it? And write another book! And come into more money. And travel some more!

And travel some more!

And travel some more!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you should invest in an RV instead of a house! "Travel some more" would be SO EASY!

    ReplyDelete