Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Still ???

Life does sometimes come at us fast.

While not making any decision regarding renting the place I am now living in, the renter in my real house wants to buy, although he doesn't really have enough money, but he definitely does not want to move. He asked me to think about it. I tried. Too hard. Too many pros and cons for my muddled brain.

And although I have looked around, I haven't seen my cottage, the one I am wanting to move into. I must move up, not just out!

Being in a quandary about these things makes it hard for me to know what to do. Do I paint a mural on my wall, improve the landscape at the rental house, stay, look, go, sell, buy, rent, stay???

I have started working on the IRB history book and it seems to be harder than I thought it would be. Maybe just a slow start. I better get better at it. I have a deadline and co-authors who are counting on me.

I am however, a bit, planting and watering and rewatering new plants in this hot Florida sun which dries the earth and pots incredibly fast. It usually doesn't cool down until mid October.

The days are getting shorter now that autumn is here. I don't have enough day as it is. How will I ever get everything done?

I am not complaining, mind you, I am just saying...........

Actually, I am grateful. My life has consistently been improving. I live just fine. It is peaceful. Last night I watched the sun set into the Gulf. For just this one evening, it set right between two condos where I could see it go down while I sat on my front porch. My timing was good. Cool! A friend told me that I could watch the moon set into the Gulf, when it is full and low in the sky. I have never seen that. I am going to watch next time.

I am also grateful for air conditioning, bug spray, and refrigeration.

And good food. (Friday, I ate crab and cheese quiche with herbed mashed potatoes at Ken and Suzanne's, Saturday, I had lobster with a tomato, avocado and heart of palm salad at Terry's, Sunday I ate, knockwurst and sauerkraut, German potato salad and corn on the cob at Jim and Ann's. Monday I ate leftovers! Yum, Yum, Yum, and Yum.)

Granted, it isn't all this terrific. There is other stuff. But why dwell on that? Well, there is those decisions to make..........

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have lot going on, both external and internal. don't fret, you'll figure it out....eeventually. we miss you, but not the heat index down there! up here today, there's a brisk northeast breeze,and it struggled to reach 70 by afternoon!! see ya n a few weeks. suzi & mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouchsafe that you are 1000% sounding yourself again, and that makes me happy. Busy is good and lots of possabilities are better than none. Good friends, good food, good sunsets and lots to consider...pretty normal I'd say. miss you until the next visit in Ca or Fla.

    :^) P.

    ReplyDelete