Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lovin' wherever I am

I think I get to liking wherever I am. Nancy has been showing me Cincinnati, the colorful neighborhoods, the fantastic views, cute boutiques and coffee shops, the downtown and the Palm Court at the Netherlands Hilton where we had some sort of blackberry and blueberry drink concoctions that were tall and cool on a really hot day. And it has been really hot, even for these Florida girls.

I particularly love the variety of downtown architecture and the old narrow Victorian style homes brightly painted in many colors and the up and down brick streets running through each residential community with little restaurants and shops for locals.

We went to the Pendleton Art Center Final Friday open house event last night. The center is housed in some sort of old factory building. There were seven floors of individual art studios to peruse. Wonderful art. Unique art. Mostly original stuff. We wore out before we made it to all seven floors and went to a nearby pub mostly to sit and rest.

It is nothing like IRB here. It is a totally different lifestyle. You see men in suits and ties here. Everything is on a hill. There are really big buildings and Wabi Sabi sort of really old loved homes. And some not so loved sadly needy homes. A big river. I have been impressed. Lots to do. Places to go. Ohio. Not my cup of tea, but yet.......I can see why people could like it.

It has been nice to stop for a moment on this road trip of mine and wake up slow in the morning and snuggle in a soft many pillowed bed. Taking the time to get to know a place is good. I have been pretty much on the move, although I did slow down long enough to get a feel for California, Seattle, Denver and Arkansas City. When seeing a place through the eyes of someone else, a place takes on a little of their individual personality. It is not just me doing what I always do. It is me doing what someone else always does. Seeing with their perspective, seeing what they love and how they choose to spend their time is really fine.

And here in Cincy I even have Wifi and time to blog. And that's before breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. i was born in cincy and am returning in Aug. for family reunion Now , I am the old generation it will feel weird i enjoyed your photos and blog. My second husband and i moved to Fla. 7 yrs. ago and i call it home , but cincy holds on to a part of my heart On a recent trip to IRB i ran into a real estate person Scott who knows you well. I was relieved to hear that you are still around Your story is similar to so many others and i am reading the book ," Eat, Pray, Love " an adventure to find self by another good author After you absorb your experiences, you might think of publishing

    ReplyDelete