Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Terrible and Wonderful

I am having a hard time understanding how my life can be so terrible and so wonderful at the same time. While it seems, the most awful things are happening....my grandson's struggle to breathe, his parents struggle to endure his struggle, and my body's struggle to survive cancer and chemotherapy. All just terrible.

But at the same time I feel so much love in my life that I am overwhelmed with how wonderful it is. I have the love of family and friends and one very special man that fill my soul and I can't help thinking that life is as good as it gets.

Of course, I hope for Zack's lungs to mature and allow him be home with his Mom and Dad where he belongs and I hope that after three months of treatments I will be declared cancer free and then, my friends, life will be all it should be. A miraculous miracle.

All around us there is so much to appreciate. If you are well fed, warm and dry, and have the love of at least one person, be happy and simply enjoy the moon, the trees, the sun, the bees, the people, TV, OJ, AC, hugs, flowers, soft cushions, sleep, apples, lap blankets, pets, children, rocks, rugs, books, songs, snowfalls, rain, paintings, and chocolate. (And the million things I haven't mentioned that are beautiful and comforting, interesting and entertaining.)

(You have my love)

Jan

1 comment: