Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time Travels Too

It has been one year since the decision to get a divorce was made, and seven months since the actual divorce took place. Holy smokes! It has been one year since I started to make it on my own. I can hardly believe it has been that long. Already! So fast! So now I figure, if I've made it this far, I can make it till death do I part. (And I don't plan to part till I am 102 years old. This is how I figure it. I was married 40 years ago, so I plan to have 40 more years of getting to know myself better, enjoying myself and appreciating life's surprises and new directions. Forty years from now I will be 102. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it! Well, unless I don't actually age as well as expected, then...we'll see, cross that bridge when I get to it, just like being on a road trip!)


Blogging is going to help. Blogging is not natural for me. I have often wished that I had been born earlier, before the age of computerization of everything. I am more of a pencil and paper sort of person. I was never one to enjoy my computer. It's been just something in the new world that I needed to do to get along. But I am getting to enjoy blogging and sharing my thoughts so others like you can read or not. Talking face to face sort of puts people in a "must look like they are listening" position. Blogging allows them to "listen at their own pace or not at all. Blogging also forces my "old" brain to really observe the world, take notes, and think about it so that I can write about it. That's got to be good exercise for my brain, you know, to keep it functioning well till I am 102.

And blogging my way across the country will force me to look and listen closer. I am pretty sure that to have anything interesting to share, life needs human interaction, searching, pondering, passion, and even emotional trauma to make it interesting.

So I am sort of counting the days until I can put the rubber to new roads, get out of Florida and leave paradise behind. Time is of the essence. There is a lot to do and think about.

So..............let me think. First I need to .....................

No comments:

Post a Comment