Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hi.....I was just sitting on my porch catching a few rays and wondering if this whole road trip was a good idea in the first place. When I first had the idea, I was so excited. I was into the dream, planning an adventure, living the life, meeting new people, cruising down the road, setting my own direction, leaving the conventional life and all its' troubles behind. I had no idea where I was really going, and I'm not talking about Memphis.

I am feeling old today. I don't think it has anything to do with my birthday coming up in two weeks, but that doesn't help. Well, wait a minute, in two weeks, I will be eligible for Social Security. That helps. A little more traveling money. I am thinkin' though, about starting to live a new dream at 62. At 25, one is willing to work hard, stay up late, turn over rocks, knock on doors, go without, and do whatever it takes to make the dream come true. At 62, all that sounds too hard and will take too long. So, I ask, can I make a dream come true in two months?

Now you're supposed to say, "hell, yes! Go for it girl! We're with you!"

I heard that. Thanks. I will.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! You have destinations and people to support you. Remember you can stop when you get tired but not before you stop to see us.

    ReplyDelete